Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Club Members Only


Someone important in my world lost a parent over the weekend and I had no idea how to help her.

You would think as someone who has gone through the loss of a parent themselves I would have all this insight and comfort to offer once they go through it too.  

Truth of the  matter is I have no clue.

Nothing makes it better, nothing eases the pain, especially when it just happens.  People say they're sorry and that time will help, but the truth is nothing helps, you just learn to adjust to the pain.  

It's as if your heart breaks and then learns how to survive without a piece of itself.  You'll always miss them, you'll never be the same, but you have to keep going because there isn't an alternative.

Take your time, let yourself feel the moment, cry all day and then start to survive and live again. 

I promise you will think of them every day, I promise you will never forget the way they made you feel, even if the specific details fade a little, and I promise that you will really be happy again.

xoxo,
Erin








No comments:

Post a Comment