Friday, December 5, 2014

There were never such devoted sisters


My sister turns 30 today, which is insane because I still feel like we're 5 and 7 most of the time.  I know most people aren't as lucky as I am.  I have this big sister that has been my built in companion my whole life.  I can't say we're best friends, because we're not, we're sisters.  

I've loved her beyond belief my whole life.  I used to wait around for her to get home from school like a puppy waiting to be let out of a crate.  When she gets a shot from the doctor I would immediately cry with her.  To this day when I see her cry I start crying, regardless of the reason.  She is literally the other half of who I am.  

We aren't alike, we barely even look like we're related, but she is clearly my sister.  I know what she is thinking by looking at her, and she knows me better than anyone.  We don't go out together all the time, we don't spend every free minute together, but she will always be the most important person in the world to me.

I might appear to be this strong badass, and I can be, but when push comes to shove she's the one that holds me together.  

She's the most charismatic person I've ever met, she walks into a room and everyone wants to talk to her.  Her smile can change and alter an atmosphere, it's HUGE!

I'm so proud of who she is.  I'm so proud of the person she has chosen to spend the rest of her life with, because he's pretty great.  I love her beyond belief and I can't believe she's officially an old lady.

Had to get that one in there.

Happy Birthday Dack Dack!

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment