Thursday, December 18, 2014

Merry Christmas, every one


Christmas for me will always be this picture.  I would get a brand new dress with all the matching accessories and go tell Santa what I wanted with my sister.  

It took me a while to warm up to Santa.


We got over it though. (Notice my sister, not even effected a bit)

My family would always go to this Christmas kids party at our country club in Pittsburgh and dance our hearts out.  I was that lucky kid who always had a perfect Christmas.

Christmas after my Dad passed away didn't feel the same for a while. The last Christmas when he was sick was excruciating and I didn't want a happy thought near me for a few years after.  

Luckily, my wonderful mother pulled us through and now Christmas is this time of love for me again.  I love buying things for my loved ones. I love drinking mimosas and watching movies all day.  I love having the time off to be with my family.  

I feel lucky for what I've had more than what I miss.  The ones we love aren't really ever gone, they're alive in our thoughts and our memories and Christmas is a celebration of that.

OK, can we take a moment to admire the hot pink overalls I was rockin? I knew even then a statement color in an outfit was important.


xoxo,
E


No comments:

Post a Comment