Monday, December 29, 2014

Home for the Holidays







This Christmas was a little out of the ordinary.  Mom had knee surgery last Monday, my sister came down with the flu, and the significant others were all away.  

I spent the majority of the week on the couch with my mom, watching movies while she passed out from the pain killer.

It's odd to think that was potentially the last Christmas I will spend in the house I grew up in for the past 20 years.  It didn't really hit me, but it's the truth.  

This house saw my life for the past 20 years, I grew up there, and fell apart there.  I was put back together there too.  

I'm sure when it comes down to it actually letting go of the house is going to be rough. The thought of not going there next Christmas is strange, but my home is my house now.  My home is wherever my mom and sister are.  

Christmas is about being with the ones you love the most, and being holed up in the house with my mom, with a special guest appearance from my sister is that.

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment