Switched up the look of the blog a tad, and I kinda love it. Hope everyone had a good weekend, I did the usual NYC trip for my big sister's bday, and laid around all day Sunday. It was HEAVEN, especially since Sunday it decided to snow like no other outside.
So I was organizing and decorating for Christmas yesterday when I realized I was in a routine of my Sunday, and there are just things I live by and always do, so light bulb, there's my own commandments for my life.
1. No makeup day-Once a week, usually Sundays, I have a no make-up rule. I usually don't leave the house without something on my face, but one day a week I let my skin just breathe, usually it's my Sunday but at least 1 day.
2. Nothing makes you more put together than when you are groomed properly-if you are feeling blah or you feel gross, it's usually due to the fact that you are not groomed properly. I'm talking when my roots are growing in, my hair is outta control, my eyebrows are a mess or I haven't shaved my legs. I have an issue with body hair in general, it makes me grossed out, so if I haven't shaved my legs or neglected my eyebrows I just feel like an unmade bed, which is ironic since I don't make my bed.
3. Music can either set a mood or break a mood-if you read this at all you know I'm a music freak and I'm a big believer that music can dictate a mood. I plan my music out for parts of my day, I pick my alarm song to wake me up well, I have a playlist for getting ready in the morning, going out at night and working out. I know when certain songs come on they are just going to bring me down a level (I'm looking at you Coldplay) or pump me up completely.
6. Leaving the house without any jewelry on is unacceptable-for me I feel like I'm naked if I leave the house without any jewelery on. Why wouldn't you want a little sparkle in your day, and nothing completely makes an outfit like accessories.
9. Nothing will make your skin breakout easier than cheap make-up-OK this may not be a rule for everyone and if you are one of those people who can wear drugstore make-up without immediately breaking out I hate you. For me, I have always had to wear good make-up because if I don't my skin wages a war against me that sucks to fight. The only thing I can get away with skimping on is mascara and even then I usually regret it.
10. Being a good friend means listening-I have been more than blessed in life to have friends that last forever, I think a huge reason for that is because I listen to them. A lot of the time people are trying to communicate something to you but we are moving too fast in life that we don't listen to them. I love listening to my friend's stories and problems, not only to try to help but I also learn so much. I have learned how to deal with my own life and problems from listening to how my friends have.