Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday Morning


It was brought to my attention lately that two guys I used to date/was interest in have gotten married recently.  Both guys are lovely and I know they found their people but there's that sensitivity that people have had with me lately that just kind of annoyed me.  

I'm not a fragile person, I don't mind being single, I don't need another person to validate me.  Yes I like to have a good pity party with wine and think about how much better I am than the person they married (not true, just a fleeting thought).  

I need to make myself happy, I need to be the best version of myself.  I'm working toward it.  I go back to school in a week, I'm setting my alarm to go work out in the morning, and I'm having adventures I will remember the rest of my life. 

I will keep having fun and being a hopeless romantic, if that means I'll be 80, alone, surrounded by gorgeous red purses, honestly I'm going to be OK with that.  

As long as there is some good wine.

xoxo,
E

3 comments:

  1. Boys come and go but there will always be frumpy stretchy pants nights with Nar-Nar :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous, eloquent, lovely and funny. I have absolutely no doubt that there's a belter of a chap out there for you.
    The universe is just waiting for you to fall in love with yourself, and then he'll come along.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete