Monday, August 18, 2014

Black and Yellow




This past weekend I took my favorite road trip, the one to Pittsburgh.  This was only home to me for a few years, but my ties to the city are still strong.  My mom lived there for 40 years of her life, and the light in her eyes is never as bright as when she turns the curve and sees that city skyline in front of her.

We explored a few of our old favorite places, did some day drinking and headed back to the hotel for a nap before heading to the football game.  Preseason football games are a bit more relaxing and calmer than regular season.   Every one is tan and wearing shorts still, and the sun is constant.  

Nothing makes me wish for fall more than football season.  I've never been so content with a summer coming to an end in my life.  I keep telling myself that it's for the beautiful weather and cooler temperatures and not for the pumpkin spice lattes and boots, but I'd be lying.

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment