Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My friends over you.....

I was listening to New Found Glory on Pandora most of the afternoon yesterday, and while I loved the songs that brought me back to middle/high school I also found myself getting stressed out.  As I have said in a prior post, music is a huge part of my life, I equate life events or feelings with music.  Listening to all those songs made me miss my old best friends, having little to no responsibility but I got stressed out.


Sounds silly, but those songs remind me of that time in my life when I wanted to fit in with everyone else, I would feel insecure with my glasses, braces and bad haircut (if we're friends see my 6th grade yearbook picture, then burn it).  When all of my friends started getting boyfriends and I wasn't always the cutest girl in the world, so I felt left out.


When my big sister started going to high school and I felt left behind in middle school.  Those feelings of just trying to be cool, trying to fit in, and freaking out when you felt like you didn't.



For me now, I look back on that time and I feel like I can breathe.  I went through a lot in middle/high school, I had challenges to face that no one should have to, but I feel like that push to grow up has made me stable, strong and someone I always wanted to be.  I might talk a big game, but I didn't always walk a big game, I felt like a complete loser and totally different a lot of the time.  Figuring out you don't need to be like everyone else, and finding yourself is a wonderful thing!


Speaking of finding yourself, I am again participating in Miss Emily's 21 Day Superhero Challenge 2.0 which begins today, November 6th, and you can sign up here.  It's no sugar, no carbs for 21 days leading up to Thanksgiving and I have to say it's made my life so much better!!


xoxo,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment