Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Alright, alright, alright

Oscar weekend is something I always love.  I love the fashion (le duh), I love the dates, I love the speeches.  I love movies and I love seeing some of my favorite actors/actresses in the same room getting the award of their lives.

Now the fashion, it's EVERYTHING at the Oscars and it was no different this year.

1. Lupita Nyong'o in Prada-This lovely lady has shut it down at every event she's attended this awards season and this was no different.  This blue against her skin is just pure heaven.  I love the headband and the cuff earrings, she looks times and magnificent.  I love the way the plunging neckline still looks floaty and ethereal on her.

2. Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace & Zuhair Murad-I mean is she KIDDING me?! You want to see a movie star? THIS is a MOVIE STAR! And yes I'm using yelling capital letters.  This is what Beyonce was singing about in "Flawless", she woke up like dis.  And not only did she rock the red carpet once, but she did it again at the Vanity Fair party in that Zuhair Murad stunner.  I'm a sucker for a nude with color overlay on it and that look is everything to me.


3. Julia Roberts in Givenchy- There's a reason she's America's Sweetheart, she can rock lace like no other.  Lace is one of my favorites but in evening wear it is very difficult to make lace, and especially black lace, not look like an old lady in mourning.  I love the shape of this dress with the peplum moment and the nude lace at the chest.  Her hair being pulled back to reveal the lace details at the arms and just the beautiful drop earring was genius.  I love her as a redhead but with this black lace the blonde is just stunning.


4. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior & Tom Ford- My love for her knows no bounds honestly, but this awards season has been a little iffy with fashion for her compared to the knock-outs she had last year.  This red Dior is everything I love about the brand, timeless and flawless.  She doesn't even look like a real person in the first dress, she looks like a straight up Barbie doll.  There are a lot of reds you can go with, but this red against her skin is the absolutely perfect red, and the make-up with the backwards necklace again is ridiculous.  I love her hair being slicked back to let the dress shine.  The second dress is the Tom Ford she wore to Vanity Fair and it is the sexiest thing I've seen in a while.  You can't see it in this picture but the side panels are completely sheer and homegirl rocks it out.


Worst

1. Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab- I'm an Angie fashion fan, homegirl can rock a black dress like no other and I like that in a woman.  This dress for me looks like she just didn't really care.  For me, cut off the sleeves and lower the neckline and this is the summer dress I'm always trying to find.  Something that a women never wants in a dress is for her boobs to look droopy and in this dress that is the first thing I thought of.


2. Anna Kendrick in J. Mendel- This chick is awesome, she is one of the gems of Twitter and gorgeous but I don't get this.  I hate everything, I hate the one shoulder illusion, I hate the patterned cutout in the middle, I hate the slit.  I hate the hair a lot.  I love her but I hate this, that is all.


3. Kerry Washington in Jason Wu- This hurts me more than it hurts you.  I know she's pregnant, I know it was raining cats and dogs but this sucked.  I don't mind the color but why are we putting Kerry Washington in a bed sheet and sending her to the Oscars?   This woman is stunning and she's wearing this? Just say no.


Last night's show was too long, there was just too many montages, too many awards no one cares about and it didn't end until midnight.  I loved Ellen but as usual now I miss Tina and Amy at every awards show.  There was no huge moment for me, I'm happy about who won even though I would've loved another Jennifer Lawrence acceptance speech to YouTube when I'm bored.


Jared Leto is quickly taking the place in my heart from Johnny Depp, even though it's not completely owned yet, there are moments of glory that he is just taking over, and he's so pretty.


Are we pretending that John Travolta is normal still? I mean really dude? Between him and that really drunk lady Matthew McConaughey was holding up, there were the train wrecks of the night.  And I loveeeee that Matthew dropped the "alright, alright, alright" since I've been in love with him since Dazed and Confused.


xoxo,
me







No comments:

Post a Comment