Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Rush

Helllllllo August, my birthday month and the end of "summer".  For real where did this summer go?  I feel like it was just March Madness because yes I do measure my year by sports seasons.

I am going to be turning........26 this month!! Last year I avoided celebrating my old age by booking it to Pittsburgh for a preseason Steeler game.  I'm scared, I hate a lot of things about getting older, most of them because the older I get the more questions I get asked that are annoying:

  • "Are you seeing anyone"
  • "What are you doing for a living?"
  • "Where are you living?"
  • "Do you have any kids?"
  • "Do you have a boyfriend?"
  • "What have you been doing since we graduated"
All of these questions have been getting progressively more annoying in my old age so I will answer them:
  • No I'm not seeing anyone (cue the weird "ohhhhh" sound and me launching into my "I don't care" speech)
  • I work for an insurance company, blah blah blah about my job
  • I moved into my new house (Cue the where, when, how questions)
  • Kids?! Ew NO!
  • No, have we met, hell no I don't have a boyfriend (see commitment/sister/trust issues)
  • I have been very busy since we graduated.........doing nothing
I do not enjoy explaining myself, for some reason living in the town I live in I have to constantly.  I'm proud of myself and what I've accomplished but I don't need to brag about anything. 

Next time: List of Must Do's for being 26!

XOXO,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment