Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's My Party

With my 26th Bday literally right around the corner I am having the usual Bday anxiety when I actually plan some sort of celebration.  I come from a family that enjoys throwing a party, my parents used to have parties all the time for work and I used to have some epic sleepovers back in the day.  One party my mom actually turned our garage into a "spa"(think foot baths, nail stations, face masks) and we had around 30 girls at my house.


I have never been a big planner, I really don't care and I get anxiety over if people will actually show up, and if they do if they will have fun.  Now my parties have always been successful, my last being my formal 16th Bday party, people I've never spoken to in my life were asking to come in high school, it was a good time.

Last year I didn't do anything, this year my friends and I came up with a brilliant and very mature idea: Case Race.  Now for those of you who didn't attend college or live in a dorm, a case race is when you break into teams, usually 2-4 people and whichever team finishes first wins. Basically it's a recipe for some absolute drunk fun.  So we got a bunch of people together, we have 3 teams of 4 people and a couple randoms.  My awesome friends decided we have to make some great team shirts, usually you would make these with puffy paint, my friend decided we were making Legends of the Hidden Temple (Nickelodeon flashback) with our names on the back.  The shirts rock, I promise I will take pictures.



Now we're doing it at my house, and everyone keeps asking questions: time, food, drinks, details, and that crap stresses me out.  I miss the gold old days when you had a bunch of girls, sober, and you made up dances and had talent shows.  That was a good time.  I'd almost rather have a bunch of girls over and learn this dance


I know it will all be ok, I know I worry for nothing and it's going to be so fun, but I can't help it I stress.

On the bright side I am having a fantastic bday week, I have been getting a couple of cute cards and my mom is dropping off a new surprise everyday!! 26 is definitely going to be the best year ever!!!!!

xoxo,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment