Friday, June 26, 2015

Old Blue Chair


This is the time of year I'm usually lying on the beach or by a pool with my family pretending the rest of the world doesn't exist.  I usually do this in Charleston, South Carolina.

I have been going to Charleston for almost 20 years in the summertime, and I can tell you right now I'm missing it something fierce.  There is nothing like the pastel architecture, the southern hospitality, the food, and the people.

This year with the weddings, yep plural, the family isn't taking a vacation.  With so much happening I understand, but it doesn't make me miss the Low Country any less.

So much of my childhood is down there, exploring the beaches, stores, and areas. It's an absolutely beautiful city, with so much to offer anyone who stops in.  The people could not be lovelier, and the atmosphere looks like something out of a novel.

One tragedy doesn't change my opinion, it strengthens it.  I love that city, I love what it's given me and what it will continue to give anyone who wanders through.

So Charleston, I'll see you next year.

xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment