Monday, May 4, 2015

Remember


I remember 12 years ago today trying to hold onto every moment, terrified that I would forget him once he was gone.  

Now I know, luckily, that's impossible.  

I still hear his voice in my head when I'm frustrated saying "Baby Bird, you win some, you lose some".  

When I miss his face, all I have to do is look at my sister.

When I wonder what he would think, I still have his best friend in my mother.

It's true what they say, the ones you love never really leave you.

How lucky was I to have someone who left an imprint on my life, and that I loved so completely?

I miss him every day. 

I will continue to miss him every day, but that's the trade when you only get 16 years with a father who loved you as much as he loved me.

xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment