Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive.....

So Saturday was the dreaded half marathon (I know, FINALLY she'll stop talking about it).

Friday I worked half day, then headed to the convention center to pick up my packet with my bff and go to our carb load lunch, now as someone who has been practicing paleo eating the last 3 weeks, it was very difficult to get through that bowl of pasta.  The it was home for some relaxing and early to bed. Saturday, 6am, I get up, get myself together and head to bff's house because her awesome mom was driving us down, we ate bagels with peanut butter and had water on the way down.

Ran into this nice man first thing, a little "Good Morning Bmore" for ya



Bff and I headed to the harbor, near our starting area, sat near the water for a few and just relaxed.  We had a couple bathroom breaks, then we started getting into our pens where we would start.  I got this terrible deja vu thing, but kept reminding myself that this year would be better than last year, I was ready.
Around 9:50pm we started walking to the starting line, we got closer and it was time to turn on the tunes, zone out, and GO.  Now I have to say, I wasn't prepared to run the whole 13.1 miles, I thought we'd get to around 7-8, take a break and walk, then run it in the last 2-3 miles.  Well, we battled the hills, we saw my mommy jumping and waving her sign around mile 3, and when mile 8 rolled around we just kept going.  I can't explain what happened, I don't know how I did it, but we got to mile 12, saw bff's mom and cousin, and realized WE DID IT.  We crossed that finish line (I was listening to Beyonce's "Run the World) and realized we ran the whole damn thing.  THE WHOLE DAMN THING PEOPLE.  I ran 13.1 miles, I'm sorry even typing that I'm in shock.

I have to say my playlist, and following the group of people helped me just zone the hell out and keep moving.  This is how I got through 13.1 miles:


























Oh and this is the finish line, I look dunzo:
Now, what's my next adventure?

xoxo,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment