Friday, September 20, 2013

Fridays from the couch

Alrighty, so hello, it's Friday and I'm still sick. At least the whole strep thing has moved into a full out cold so I am watching TV, catching up on work from home, and doing this.  Now if anyone follows me on twitter you know my love of all things singing reality talent shows (The Voice, X Factor).  I have moved beyond American Idol for the most part, I can't deal with the new judges and the Mariah vs. Nicki thing got old quick

My love of these things come from my obsession with music, all music, but finding new music talents or watching them from where it all started is my favorite thing ever.  Back in the summer of 2011 when I cracked my ankle I found X factor in the UK on YouTube, and there I fell in love with Cheryl Cole, Cheryl Lloyd, Rebbecca Ferguson and One Direction (gasp) all in one fell swoop.  Then when One Direction started blowing up I fell more in love with these guys, they're just fun, and Harry is growing up to be HOT.
I mean come onnnnnnn

Anyways, I love, love, love hearing what these guys do with old songs, how they flip them and it turns into something so cool and new.  I love hearing new voices sing some of my favorite songs, and I also will watch anything Adam Levine is a part of, duh.

I also think the UK is just ahead of the US when it comes to pop music, we are finally catching up now with One Direction, Ed Sheeran, and Little Mix, but they have had these guys for a while.  This music fills my ITunes next to Bob Marley, John Mayer, The Beatles, Eminem, and so many more.  I love music, that is what keeps me going, I was never good in art class, but give me music and we're good to go.

And if you are looking for style inspiration, X factor UK has a companion show featuring Caroline Flack.



I'm obsessedddd with the way she dresses, and apparently there was some huge scandal when she dated Harry Styles when she was 33 and he was like 19 so she is also my idol.  Well, hope everyone has a good weekend.


xoxo,
me



No comments:

Post a Comment