Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lady in red

So one of my best friends texted me today asking if I had a red clutch she could borrow for a wedding, the joke is that she knows the only color bag I've carried since I was 16 was a red bag.  Crazy I know, but it's my trademark. 

Me and my various red bags throughout the years:






I'll go into a little history, I was 16 and our family friend from Pittsburgh came to Bmore and took me into Nordstrom, which at this time I was a stranger to, and walked into the purse section, she picked out the prettiest dark red, Italian leather bag I've ever seen, walked over to the register and said "Happy 16th Birthday Erin".  The lady rang up my newest love, wrapped her in tissue paper and walked her around the register (A touch I LOVE about higher end department stores) and put her in my hands.  That was it, I was head over heels in love, it was the single most expensive thing I owned being a 16 year old, American Eagle wearing girl.  

From that day on it was over, red bags were my thing.  I have been OBSESSED and in love with gorgeous red bags since I was 16 and minus a formal event, have carried only red bags for the past 10 years.  Now I own a LOT of them, my collection is mostly Coach bags and random other brands I've fallen in love with.  The ladies at my local Coach store call me personally when a new red bag comes into stock, it is a problem but it's something I really love!  I had the red Coach bag before it became one of Oprah's favorite things a few years ago and FLEW off the shelves, it is my pride and joy.



Years back I read an unauthorized biography on Anna Wintour, editor of US Vogue, and fell in love with her, nuts as she probably is, I love a strong business woman!  She had the trademark bob and sunglasses that have become every fashion designers nightmare and dream all rolled into one. 
 
The trademark thing always stuck with me and I found mine, this lady wears red!



xoxo, 
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment